Want to know how to burn fat from dusk to dawn? No, you don’t have to quit your job and work out every minute of the day. Actually, you’re probably already burning more fat than you realize. You see, your body doesn’t care whether you’re at the gym or if you’re wearing sneakers and workout gear. If you’re moving your body, you’re burning fat. It’s that simple.
So, here are some easy ways for you to boost your metabolism throughout the day.
- Eat within 30 minutes of waking up and you’ll burn an additional 150 calories each day. That adds up to nearly 55 thousand calories at the end of the year.
- Wear a pedometer at least one workday and one weekend day each week. Try for about 10 thousand steps per day. It’ll probably mean getting out of your seat a few more times each day, but if you can average 10 thousand every day, you’ll burn a total of 182 thousand calories at the end of the year.
- Link weekend chores together to turn it into a fat burning workout. Rake leaves, then walk the dog and wash the car. It’ll be the most productive workout you ever had.
- Stay hydrated. Your metabolic rate gets an energy burst within 10 minutes of drinking ice cold water. Studies have shown that it stays elevated for 30 minutes after drinking. So, it’s best to stay hydrated all day, but you should especially be sure to drink water about 15-20 minutes before meals.
- Swap coffee for green tea. Studies have shown that the polyphenols in green tea work with caffeine to give your fat burning efforts a boost.
- Eat iron-rich foods like spinach, beans and artichokes. If your body is short on iron, your cells won’t get enough oxygen, which slows down metabolism.